Benjamin Moore’s Colour of the Year 2023
The post-pandemic march away from safe greys, beiges and neutrals continues with the announcement of Benjamin Moore’s Colour of the Year 2023 – Raspberry Blush is a vivacious shade of coral tinged with pink, a red-orange that screams electric optimism and sultry sunsets.
Punchy and charismatic, it’s a great shade for those looking to experiment with a bolder interior schemes, and perfect for one of the Good Homes team’s favourite autumn-winter 2022 interior design trends – colour drenching.
‘We’ve had colours that are on the cooler side of the colour wheel for a number of years,’ says Andrea Magno, colour marketing and development director at Benjamin Moore, ‘and now we’re really starting to see a shift to the warmer colours.’
To commemorate the Colour of the Year 2023, Benjamin Moore has gone so far as to enlist electro-funk duo Chromeo to create a new track called Raspberry Blush, so that you can not only see this fabulous hue, you can listen to it, too (it’s available on Spotify).
The Colour of the Year is accompanied by a Colour Trends 2023 palette of bold, playful shades inspired by modern art, natural metals and our innate desire to express ourselves. Those colours are:
- WENGE AF-180: A deep chocolate with hints of brown, black and violet in its undertone
- SAVANNAH GREEN 2150-30: Similar to gold leaf for your walls, Savannah Green is a statement-making shade of ochre, yellow and green
- CINNAMON 2174-20: A rich brown touched with orange undertones, this warm hue will have you questioning the very definition of neutral
- CONCH SHELL 052: A gentle pink reminiscent of sepia tone, this dusty hue brings to mind thoughts of sunsets captured by a vintage camera
- STARRY NIGHT BLUE 2067-20: An intense, pure deep blue to excite and inspire walls and ceilings alike
- NORTH SEA GREEN 2053-30: This saturated shade blends the relaxing vibes of grey-blue with the simmering pleasure of blue-green hues
- NEW AGE 1444: Soft and ethereal, this light purple is grounded by a drop of grey and can appear both grey and lavender, depending upon the light
All colours in the Benjamin Moore Colour of the Year 2023 palette are available from £20 per 0.94l.